General Body Meeting held on 25th November 2016
General Body meeting of the Academy of Sciences, Chennai held on 25th November 2016 at 3.30 pm. in the Seminar Hall, Dept. of Nuclear Physics, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai-25.
Prof. M. Anandakrishnan, President of the Academy presided over the meeting. Prof. J. Kumar, Executive Council member, welcomed the Fellows of the academy. Prof. P. Maruthamuthu, Secretary read the minutes of the last GB (10-10-2015) and the annual reports. The Audited Statement of Accounts for the financial year 2015-2016 was presented by Prof. R. Asokamani, Treasurer of the Academy. The Executive council meeting reports were presented by Dr. A. Stephen, Joint-Secretary.
The General Body confirmed and elected the following scientists for the Fellowship of the Academy m as Fellows of the Academy.
1. Dr. S. Narayana Kalkura, Prof. & Director, Crystal Growth Centre, Anna University
2. Dr. G. Anbalagan, Professor, Dept of Nuclear Physics, University of Madras.
3. Dr. P. Ramamurthy, Prof. & Head, Dept of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Madras.
4. Dr. N. Mathivanan, Prof. & Director, CAS in Botany, University of Madras.
5. Dr. S. Vasudevan, Principal Scientist, CECRI, Karaikudi
6. Dr. C. Arulvasu, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Zoology, University of Madras.
7. Dr. C. Viswanathan, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Nanoscience & Tech, Bharathiyar University.
8. Dr. R. Selvam, Prof. & Head, National Centre for Catalysis, IIT-M, Chennai
9. Dr. S. Jayachandran, Prof. & Head, Dept. of Medi. & Radiology, Tamil. Govt. Dental College.
10. Dr. Saroja Saibaba, Principle Scientist, Metallurgy & Material Science Group, IGCAR.
11. Dr. A. Thiruvalluvar, Associate Professor, Rajah Serfoji Govt. College, Thanjavur.
12. Dr. R. Gopalan, Associate Director, ARCI, IITM Research Park, Chennai.
13. Dr. V.R. Prabavathy, Principle Scientist, M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai.
The following changes in the Office-bearers & Executive council was proposed by the members of the Academy
Prof. V. Devanathan – President
Prof. P. Maruthamuthu – Vice-President
Prof. R. Asokamani – Secretary
Dr. A. Stephen – Treasurer
Dr. G. Anbalagan – Joint – Secretary
Prof. J. Kumar, Anna University – EC member
Prof. N. Vasudevan, Anna University – EC member
Prof. S. Austin Suthanthiraraj, Univ. of Madras – EC member
Prof. S. Sriman Narayanan, Univ. of Madras – EC member
Prof. K. Sethupathi, IIT Madras – EC member
Dr. M. Sai Baba, IGCAR, Kalpakkam – EC member
Dr. V. Subramanian, CLRI, Chennai – EC member
Dr. T. Ramasami, Former DST, Secretary – Special Invitee
Prof. R. Ramanibai, Director, Guindy Campus – Special Invitee
Prof. C. Venkateswaran, Head, Nuclear Physics – Special Invitee
The immediate former President Prof. M. Anandakrishnan shall be the Ex-Officio member of the Executive Council.
The Office-bearers, Executive council members and the Special invitees were unanimously nominated and accepted by the General body.
Prof. M. Anandakrishnan, President expressed his happiness and thanks to all the members of the Academy. Prof. Devanathan expressed his grateful thanks to Dr. M. Anandakrishnan for his guidance all these years in the Academy activities and the Members look forward to his valuable advice in the years to come for the development of the Academy. The Meeting concluded with the vote of thanks by the Secretary.